We're celebrating the opening of El Camino Cantina in Manly and all things Tex-Mex with this sizzling prawn taco recipe. With fresh avocado and an added hit of lime and coriander, these zesty morsels are a simple and delicious dish easily recreated at home.
- • 2 white corn tortillas
- • 6 king prawn cutlets, peeled deveined, tails intact
- • 2 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- • 2 tbsp Jalapeno oil
- • 1 packet American style Coleslaw (available in supermarkets)
- • Coriander and honey dressing*
- • ½ avocado
- To serve
- • 2 lime wedges
- * For the Coriander and honey dressing
- • ½ cup coriander, finely chopped
- • ¼ cup lime juice
- • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- • 1 tsp honey
- • 1 tsp salt
- • Pinch chilli powder
- • Pinch cumin
- • Pinch ground black pepper
- Combine prawns, coriander and jalapeno oil in a bowl. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl, stirring until combined.
- Cook the tortillas following packet instructions and set aside.
- Preheat grill, or BBQ, on medium-high. Place prawns on hot grill for 3 to 5 minutes, turning until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Take cooked tortillas and evenly mash ¼ of an avocado into each. Then add two good handfuls of coleslaw to each tortilla.
- Top each with 3 grilled prawns.
- Serve each with a lime wedge.