This crisp and simple summer salad is a new addition to the menu at El Camino Cantina Manly and a seasonal Tex-Mex favourite. Enjoy with crunchy pepita seeds and crumbed feta.
- • 2 cups cubed watermelon
- • ½ cup thinly sliced daikon radish
- • ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- • 1 sprig coriander finely chopped
- • ¼ Jalapeno seeded and minced
- • ½ lime, juiced
- • 1 pinch chilli powder
- • 1 pinch cumin powder
- • 1 pinch salt
- • 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- To garnish
- • 20g crumbed feta
- • 1 tbsp pepitas
- Soak sliced onion in bowl of iced water for 10 minutes to mellow the flavour. Then drain and discard the liquid.
- In a large bowl combine the red onion and remaining ingredients and toss so the olive oil coats evenly, gently adding more olive oil if needed.
- Sprinkle with crumbed feta and pepitas to finish.