Recreate Rockpool Bar and Grill's spring staple, Steamed mussels with Joselito Jamón Ibérico, chilli, tomato & chickpeas. Perfect for your next event.
- 32 mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 24 x 3cm pasta squares
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced using a mandolin
- 1 dried long red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 20g Joselito Jamón Ibérico, finely diced
- 300g vine-ripened tomatoes, halved & sliced
- 100ml white wine
- 600g cooked chickpeas
- juice half a lemon
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, chiffonade
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- toasted crusty bread, to serve
1 – Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2 – Heat the olive oil in a wide-based saucepan, preferably with a glass lid, over medium-low heat.
Add the onion, garlic, chilli, anchovy and Jamón and cook until the onion and garlic have softened. Add the tomato and cook for 20 minutes or until softened and creamy.
3 – Add the stock, wine and chickpeas and bring to the boil. Add the mussels, cover and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the mussels have opened. Discard any that do not open.
4 – Add the pasta, lemon juice and parsley, drizzle with the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve in warmed bowls with a slice of crusty bread.