- 1 small roast chicken, organic or free range
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup white quinoa
- ¼ cup faro
- ¼ cup wild rice
- A handful of fresh flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds with skin, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sun blushed tomatoes, diced
- Zest and juice from half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix together the cooked grains, parsley, almonds, sun blushed tomatoes and lemon zest. Make a dressing from the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Add the dressing to the mixture and check the seasoning.
Share the grain salad among four plates along with the avocado slices and shredded chicken.