A spicy Mexican classic, this Tiger prawn recipe is a simple crowd pleaser.
- For the prawns
- • 6 Tiger prawns, cleaned and cut in half with shells on
- For the prawn marinade
- • 100g chiltepin chilli
- • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- • Splash of olive oil
- For the salsa
- • 6 ripe tomatoes, cut in half
- • 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- • 30g jalapeño
- • ½ red onion, diced
- • 2 sprigs coriander, chopped
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Massage pork belly with rock salt and leave in a tray to dry for one hour.
- Lightly score skin and place in oven to cook for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked and skin has turned to golden, remove from oven and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a frying pan, toast chillies for roughly two minutes.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until golden.
- Place in a blender and add remaining salsa ingredients. Blend until combined.
- In a frying pan, lightly heat the tortillas and remove.
- Spread salsa on tortillas evenly. Add two slices of pork belly to each.
- Garnish with pickled onion, jalapeño and coriander.