A delicious biscuit base layered with caramel, chantilly cream, dark chocolate shavings & banana. Recreate a Fratelli Fresh classic.
- • 4 x 395g tins sweetened condensed milk
- • 300g unsalted butter, chopped
- • 750g digestive biscuits
- • 50g hazelnut praline paste (optional)
- • ½ vanilla bean, split & seeds removed
- • 600ml thickened cream
- • 75g castor sugar
- • 4 bananas, sliced
- • 200g 70% dark chocolate, curled
- Place tins of condensed milk in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer on a very low heat for 5 hours, making sure to keep tins covered with water. Remove the tins and cool in fridge overnight.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter either in a small saucepan over low heat, or in a bowl in a microwave. Add hazelnut praline paste (if using) and mix to combine.
- Blitz biscuits in a food processor until finely crumbed. Add melted butter and mix to combine.
- Add biscuit crumb to a loose-based flan tin and press mixture into the base of the tin until it is nice and compact. Place tin in the freezer for 2 hours to firm up.
- Use a piping bag and thick nozzle (size 20) to pipe caramel over biscuit base, piping in a circle, starting from the centre. (Or spoon caramel over the biscuit base if you don’t have a piping bag).
- Add vanilla seeds and sugar to the cream and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Remove banoffee torta from the tin and transfer to serving plate. Pipe or spread the cream over the caramel, then decorate with banana and chocolate swirls.